27 August 2011

Hop Hop Hop! Time to Hop along with CKCB!



The basic sketch that Allison Davis from Sketch Support made just for us at CKCB!




Happy counterfeit kit blog hop day! You should have come from our awesome and superbly talented guest designer, Julie Ann, if not please head on over to CKCB to get started on this awesome blog hop!

This is my take. I promise I started with the sketch and had all intentions of doing it EXACTLY like shown as I think Allison's style is just like mine in the sense of lots of photos, minimum embellishments. However it did not turn out that way and that is just fine. See I believe that sketches are a starting point for everyone (or at least me) and where you go from there is all up to you and your pictures. The bones are about the same but I did not want to crop my pictures this time around so I substituted those and moved the journaling from the top to the bottom portions of each page. I had quite a bit to say surprisingly.

These pictures are from our first ever National Cherry Blossom festival and I must say it will be a tradition as they were so gorgeous. Some of the shots we captured that day truly look just like the expensive post cards they were selling, only better! Lots of spray ink, soft pink, and stamping. The gorgeous cherry blossoms are from Wild Orchid crafts and a great friend (thanks Tiara) sent them to me knowing I had these pictures.

So now hop on over to and see what she has done with this amazing sketch. I bet no two creations are the same, that is another wonderful aspect of using sketches!

Now hop on over to the wonderful MELISSA to see what she came up with for you!

17 comments:

  1. Super use of the sketch Crystal - like you I believe tat they are a starting point and love to deviate slightly (or a LOT!) to make the page "mine". Love those cherry blossoms - what a thoughtful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! what a super pretty layout - great photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, and your cherry blossoms turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in your layout. And agree, your photos are like beautiful postcards. The bottom left photo is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are absolutely beautiful!! I love the misted background, which is so subtle and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your photos are wonderful and I love the layout. You did a great job and I can still see the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous layout Crystal! I had to click on the photo to see it better. The photos are amazing. The way you adapted the sketch is just perfect!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photos, and love how you've scrapped them, the cherry blossoms are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just lovely. I'm a firm believer that it's all right to finagle with sketches - that's the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your layout and I agree about sketches being a starting point, or springboard! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blossoms are really pretty - the whole layout is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to smell your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to smell your layout!!!!

    Marie Ackerman

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are sooo gorgeous!! I love all the flower accents you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Love Love your layout. I really like how you added the cherry blossom flower to your page. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!