12 December 2010

Ribbon Ribbon and buttons OH MY!




I have had these done for a while and kept thinking they would fit into one of the design team projects I needed to do but they did not, well they sort of did this week for Frosted Designs but I chose to go with something else.

The trees are from M's they are the cardboard ones since I was too cheap to buy the foam (four bucks a tree vs 1.19 for the big one here.) NOW the ribbon tree and I fought, A LOT but I love how it came out just do NOT put your hand inside as the ribbon is held on there with pearl stick pins since the glittered ribbon I was using would NOT stick! I think I used six or eight whole rolls of ribbon on it, but I did not pay more than a buck for each roll. I LOVE how it came out! I will be packing it up nicely and using it over and over.


Now with the button tree which I must admit I love the best, I painted the chipboard (I think that is what it is) tree with green acrylic paint, then got all my red and green and a few clear buttons out and randomly placed them on there with glue dots. Some are held with pearl pens and then some Sticko Shimmering silver dots (LOVE THESE THINGS NEED TO FIND MORE!) for some added bling. Super simple and easy and I love it! I did use all but two of my red buttons though LOL!


Both of the trees have toppers from the mini tree area at Hobby Lobby ( I think they were a buck a piece).(Put the topper on the button one after pictures!) Not too bad for two very unique pieces huh? I have one more and had intentions of doing it with scrap paper, curled up but it will be a project for next year.

What do you think? They are so much more vibrant in person and blingy!

1 comment:

  1. very cute Crystal...what size did you cut your ribbons?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!