29 December 2010

Gingerbread paper ornaments-Scrapbookpal.com


Happy almost New Years Eve. Here's to hoping that your holiday was filled with lots of love, laughter, memories and good will. I hope you are recovering now! This year I decided to start a tradition (or two) with Caitlyn. I purchased this white "fashion" tree at Hobby Lobby (50% off WOOHOOO) and we are going to decorate it for each holiday/season. I love the Gingerbread cart that the awesome Scrapbookpal.com sent me (did you know they have FREE shipping on orders over 25.00!?) to play with this month. Caitlyn and I set down and cut several of the candy and candy cane pieces to make some super simple ornaments for her new white tree.

Here is what you will need:
Expression
12X12 mats
Zig glue pen
White card stock
green and red patterned paper
crop a dile or other hole punch
ribbon
Gingerbread cart
chestnut roan ink
1. Using your cricut (either one) cut out two of each of the candy cane at 1.5 and one candy piece at 2 inches and two at 1.5 inches. Cut both layers using white card stock and patterned paper.
2. Adhere with Zig glue pen.
3. Ink all edges.
4. Punch holes in top/side with crop a dile.
5. String and tie ribbon to make loops.
6. Decorate and enjoy your tree!

You could go further and add more decorations, bling, layers etc but I wanted to keep them simple since they will be in a three year old's room! I can't wait to use my Cricut to make things for every holiday/season this coming year. Happy 2011!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That tree is going to look super cute at Velentines and Easter, etc. Your daughter will have fun decorating it.

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candys are so cute and the tree is a great idea. It will be lots of fun decorating it for each holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!