30 December 2010

My top projects for 2010

Blogland is full of these type of posts right now so I thought I would join too. Here are my top projects of the year. I thought I could pick one per month but I think there are three months that have more than one. I love looking back and seeing how I changed and evolved in this wonderful craft. What was your favorite project from 2010?


January-I love the little blocks that I made simply because they did not cost me a thing and are so easy to personalize for my scrappy friends. I love love love the ribbon grass and button tree on the Little Soldier layout, I was so happy with this one!
February-I choose this layout simply because I ADORE the pictures and I loved the sketch that I used!
March-I do not paper piece much but I love how this one came out. I love all the white doodling and the title is so fitting!

April-This was my favorite since it was the most detailed and time consuming BUT it is also the creation that landed me an awesome DT spot at the awesome Scrapbookpal.com. Also the girl that I made this for LOVES it so that helps too!
May-May was a busy month as was June and July with all the traveling but I was super proud of myself for re creating this shirt for a fraction of the cost for my Dad, and he still wears it proudly so that made it my top pick for May.
June-I am so proud of this card. I am proud of all the details and the sentiment and so happy that I got out of the box and it was a HUGE success for using Mini Monsters. I adore this card!
July-This layout is framed and hanging in our hallway. I loved that I played with the colors in the photos and was able to achieve (or at least I think so) a vintage/grunge/shabby chic vibe.
August-I did not scrap much in August but I love the above layout with my wonderful niece and Caitlyn. They have such a special relationship even though they only see one another once or twice a year. She is a wonderful young lady and I am so excited for Caitlyn to know her.
September: I participated in the Learn Something New Everyday with shimelle.com and loved it. It was a challenge to scrap a page a day AND take pictures but I love that I have a snapshot of my life right at that moment, the above page is one of my favorites.
October: I was blessed to be a guest designer at ArtfulDelight and was so happy to work with her cute stamps, they were right up my alley. I LOVE these papers and that picture of C is perfect!

November: I could not choose one as I love both of these projects. I am partial to the button tree but all three are smile makers for me!
December: I did not do much scrapping for me this month at all, and what I did I cannot show you until January but I love this second try at digital stamps for Cutting Cafe. I love that EVERYTHING was from my stash and I love white pen so this was a great thing for me too. I am learning and I am glad that I have this opportunity.

So there you have it, my top picks for 2010. I am glad that there is a variety of projects and not all layouts. Did you like them all? Did your "fav" of mine not make it, let me know. I would love to see your favorite list too so link me up in the comments.

Have a very happy and SAFE New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful creations Crystal! You are going to have to give me a tutorial on using the vinyl. I just purchased some and I'm kind of afraid of it. Haha......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!