04 December 2011

Christmas Cookie Sheet Countdown-Revisited


This countdown to Christmas calendar is FOUR years old! I participated in an awesome swap with some very talented ladies. Everyone made one day with the number and something Christmas themed. You made 25 of those and got back one of your own and 24 others so that you had the complete set. I added magnets and painted the inside of a cookie sheet, altered it with some paper and ribbon and of course a cricut title and have hung it up every year. This was extra special because it was done when I was pregnant with Caitlyn, I did day 25 (the angel). Heather, a good friend, made sure to that I got a spot and that it was this one since Caitlyn was due around that time, our little angel. Get it? LOL! Still warms my heart! I love it!
You could do this quickly by yourself, with just a cheap or even USED cookie sheet! You could do individual different days like I have or keep it super simple and just cut numbers with magnets. You could also do bottlecaps with various items/scenes/themes. The possibilities are endless!!! It also doubles as a learning tool for numbers, counting and count down activities. Caitlyn (and Mommy) love the tradition!

2 comments:

  1. I already commented over at CKC that I love this idea. I have an advent calender but something as pretty and simple as this might be even better! So very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!