25 February 2011

Metal baby! Frosted Designs Challenge


This week at the fantastic Frosted Designs the challenge is to use METAL on your creation. Well we all know that sometimes I take things wrong so I created this cookie sheet notes station, so instead of creating something with metal I created on metal. I made this one for Missy in the Valentine swap and she said she loved it. I used chalkstock for the top so she can write notes, hand painted and decorated the wooden clothespins into magnets, and made the paperclip magnets using glossy accents, pattern paper and clear marbles. The "NOTES" is also magnetic. I think I got a little magnet happy! What do you think? This was super easy and cheap to make as everything but the dollar tree cookie sheet and ribbon came from my stash! You could use the crop a dile and punch a hole or two in the top, thread some sturdy pretty ribbon and allow it to hang. I was not sure where she would keep it so I left that up to her.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this message center, especially the yummy colors.
    Great use of "metal" sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!