13 October 2010

Play, Learn, Discover Wall Hangings

Good morning! I cannot BELIEVE it is the middle of October already!! WOW! I do not get as much crafting done this time of year but that is just fine with me since I love Fall and all that comes with it! But I did need to use the AWESOME BOYS WILL BE BOYS cart that the super generous Scrapbookpal.com sent me, so I want to share that with you today! Did you think it was totally a BOY cart, well I have some shocking news for you....IT IS NOT!!!!!

Our dining room also serves as our play room and our school. The walls are bare so I wanted to make something to jazz them up a bit! I wanted to go with a fun theme. I found these at Target for 1.24 each:
They measure about 5.75 by 5.75. I bought three and turned them into these!!!!



They will hang in my dining room/school/playroom. I used BOYS WILL BE BOYS exclusively on this project (well except for some online clip art!) How did I do it? Well let me tell you!!!

1. Using your paper trimmer and pattern paper, cover the base with 5.75 by 5.75 paper. The cut and ink the edges of a 5X5 piece of neutral card stock for your "canvas"
2. I cut the following:
  • PLAY at 2 inches on page 56 (phrase and phrase layer)
  • DISCOVER at 1.5 inches on page 68 (phrase and phrase layer)
  • the letters to spell LEARN at 1.5 inches to include the shadow and base pieces
  • TOOLS at 2 inches on page 50 (all layers)
  • BUG IN JAR at 3 inches on page 42 (all layers)
  • TRICYCLE at 2 inches on page 38 (all layers)
3. The road is hand tore on a Fiskars tear ruler and I used my SIGNO white gel pen for the lines. The Tree was made using my one inch EK SUCCESS circle punch, inked and pop dotted on a hand drawn tree trunk.
4. The magnifying glass and "Take a look" came from online clip art, inked and added transparency to give it a more authentic look.
5. Everything was colored with my Bic mark its; outlined in Stardust gelly roll glitter pens or Signo Uniball white gel pen.
6. Several letters in the titles have Martha Stewart Clear microbeads as an accent.
7. Cut and assemble all pieces for each individual canvas. Ink with chesnut roan ink.
8. Adhere with Scotch ATG Gold Tape, Zig glue pen, Glue dots or foam pieces.
9. Arrange all elements as you wish and TA DA you have new artwork for your room!

Caitlyn loves that I made the tools have googly eyes as they look similar to Handy Manny tools. The tricycle looks very close the one that she just learned to pedal and she loves the polka dotted lady buy in the jar! There are more detailed shots on my blog HERE so hop on over and leave me some love!

I hope you enjoyed my project! Make sure to check out SCRAPBOOKPAL.COM for some amazing deals and SUPER fast and great shipping (seriously!).

All paper is DCWV Farmers market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!