Good morning! Are your ready for Halloween in TWO DAYS! WOW! How this year has flown by! Today I am here to share my second Scrapbookpal.com creation using the fun and fantastic Boys will be Boys cricut cartridge. Strange that I love this one although I only have a little girl as of now. However as I said before this cart is so for her right now. I used a sketch by Allison Davis (sketch week Feb 2009) as my layout basis. I love her sketches and they really help me get going when the mojo is little or none.
Anyways everything with the exception of the circles was cut using Boys will be Boys cricut cartridge. I also used a lot of glossy accents, signo white pen, Gelly Roll silver pen, and chesnut roan ink. I also used a half a sheet of generic foam squares! Lots of dimension on this layout!
I have seen the technique of the circles punched from pattern paper and then pop dotted for some dimension and I decided to try it. I really like how it adds the dimension and to really make it pop I outlined it with the Gelly Roll Silver pen.
Now let's talk cutting.
I used my Cricut Expression and 12X12 cutting mats.
Here is what I cut:
1. Title "Cruisin': ALL the layers at 1.25 inches on page 65
2. Brackets: Arrow Font at 1.25 inches on page 67 (both layers)
3. Stars: 1.5, 1.75, 2 and 2.25 inches page 44
- Using your two base card stock papers, arrange and adhere your eight 5X5 squares of pattern paper as you like. Make sure to round all outer corners. I inked all the edges of mine in Chesnut Roan ink (I promise I love that stuff!)
- Mat your pictures (mine are 4X4 and 3.5 by 3.5) on appropriate sized photo mats, outline with white pen. Adhere to page.
- Using a one inch circle punch, punch out four circles from EACH patterned paper, outline in silver pen. Adhere to pattern paper with foam dots as you see fit.
- Cut and adhere title and stars.
- Detail your title with white pen, purple glitter pen, and glossy accents on brackets
- Adhere stars together using foam dots and Zig two way pen, cover in glossy accents and allow to dry before placing on page
- Journal date, information and more using Zig brown Millenium pen.
- Ink as you see fit.