29 August 2010

Scrapbookpal.com Wall Decor Layout

When the awesome Scrapbook Pal contacted us this month and allowed us to choose the cart we wanted out of three I was so excited. I had been wanting Wall Decor but kept putting it off. Patience pays off! I am so blessed! To see any of the great projects that I used click on the link to go shopping at a great store with great customer service. I hope you enjoy the items that I made this month to show you how versatile this cartridge is. You can use it for WAY more than Wall Decor. Here is the layout that I did this month.



Recipe:
1. Using Wall Decor, your Cricut Expression and a 12X12 mat select Tree-s on page 73. Cut this at 7 inches AND 4 1/4 inches (for right side tree) on brown card stock.
2. Now using the Tree cut on page 73 cut the main image at 7 inches in patterned paper of your choice.
3. Your last cut will be the Tree BORDER at 3 3/4 inches. I cut this on white card stock and then inked each leaf up in Colorbox Berrylicious ink, Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Vintage photos. Cut them apart individually to be randomly placed around your layout.
4. Using the GellyRoll Pen I outlined the swirls on the tree and the leaves to make them pop just a bit more.
5. Using the GellyRoll White Pen I also dotted up the main tree on the left side, faux stitched around my corrugated letter title and wrote my date on the right page.
6. Adhere 7 inch tree to the bottom far left of the left hand page.
7. Adhere title mounted on patterned paper above tree, allowing a little overlap.
8. Adhere vertical patterned paper on top right of left hand page.
9. Mat and place pictures as desired.
10. Place 4 inch by 12 inch patterned paper to bottom of right of right hand page.
11. Place 4 1/4 tree on left hand side of right page.
12. Mat and adhere pictures as desired.
13. Using the leaf border that you inked and cut and miscellaneous leaves from your stash randomly place them about your page to mimic falling leaves.
14. Add four small inked office tags to title, tree, and picture to include journaling.
15. Add final touch by using Crystal Glitter stickles on the small tree, gelly roll white pen for photo corners and dotting the title letters.

Other ingredients:
Corrugated Letters
Cork Letters from Joanns Essentials
K & Company patterned paper
Small white office tags
Felt, glitter and paper leaves from stash
Kraft, white, and red cardstock

5 comments:

  1. Miss Caitlyn is just adorable. I can't believe how much she's grown since these pix were taken!Lovely layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages!! Love those trees! It's my favorite season too...

    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout! love all the little details! and i love your new blog layout too! looks fab girl! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!