13 March 2011

You all know that I have a girl that is the star of my layouts. Well this month I was given the amazing choice of Cartridges to work with from Scrapbookpal.com and I choose Nates ABC's. No gasping! This is a very versatile cart for toddlers-boys and girls. Caitlyn is NOT a girly girl, she is not very into princesses, dolls etc (stereotypical girly things) She is more into dirt, dump trucks, tools, and pirates, but in her own way. So I knew this cartridge would serve me well! Here is the layout that I created, now does it look boyish at all???

Let's get started!
Ingredients you will need:
Expression
12X12 mat
Nates ABC's
Tombow brown marker
various cardstock and pattern paper
mini glue dots
zig glue pen
ATG
chestnut roan ink
Tim Holtz scissors
buttons
brads
ribbon
chipboard flowers
band aids

1. Using the Expression (or baby bug) the appropriate mat, Nate's ABC's cut the OUCH (page 66 phrase and phrase shift) out of pink and tan paper at 1 inch. Adhere together. Dot band aid with Tombow brown marker and color in middle with wide tip.

2. Using same pink paper and white card stock cut SCOOTER STREET at 2 inches, page 68 font2 and font2 shadow. Adhere together with zig chisel pen, outline letters in green, ink edges.
3. Cut various pattern papers to fit this sketch. Adhere with ATG tape.

4. Select and adhere green dotted ribbon, hand cut leaves, and chipboard flowers to layout as shown.

5. To make the band aid flower, select four various band aids (mine were super cute printed ones) and form shape, making sure the middles always overlap. Now you can either leave backing on and hold together with a brad OR remove the band aid backings, arrange and adhere to white card stock, and cut out (gives it more stability). I then adhere a flower brad through the holes of a polka dotted yellow button, and using mini glue dots placed that onto of a clear button to make my center.




Up close of the band aid flower. I bought my band aids in Joann's dollar aisleThe dimension it has, when the petals are rolled up.
Close up of my title even with the mistake!


I had fun with this layout so I hope you now see how Nate's ABC's can be for any gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!