28 October 2009
Chicken Cups-A sort of Recipe
I posted these on another site and several people wanted the "recipe". Well there is not one per say, not in the account of actual measurements and such.
A package of won ton wrappers (can be found in produce/tofu area of grocery store)
2-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Wishbone Ranch Dressing
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
paprika, chili powder if desired
Here is what I do.
1. Boil two to four skinless boneless chicken breasts until completely cooked through, making sure by cutting up and boiling in small pieces for five minutes at the end.
2. Place several chunks of chicken in a blender (we don't have a food processor) and pulse until shredded. Repeat until you shred all chicken pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all shredded chicken, ranch dressing (about half a bottle for two breasts) and two handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir, you want it to be like a tuna salad texture. You want it to be a little more moist/gooey than you would think since some will bake off. Add more cheese and ranch dressing until you achieve this.
4. Spray non stick spray in a mini muffin tin.
5. Spoon mixture into individual won ton wrappers and place inside mini muffin tin until tin is full.
6. Top with sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
7. Optional: you may also top with chili powder, paprika etc
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until won ton wrappers are golden brown.
10. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat on cooking sheet at 400 for 5-7 minutes (you get the bottom crispy this way and is really good!)
We only use Wishbone Ranch Dressing but it is your preference.
Created by Crystal at 2:14 PM