06 May 2012

Springtime Love-May CKCB Kit

It is that time again! I hope you had fun hopping along with us yesterday for National Scrapbook day! How many challenges did you get completed? Anything else exciting?

You should have arrived here from our awesome Guest Designer LCSMITH

Today we are sharing our counterfeit kits. We are copying Studio Calico's releases HERE. I choose to counterfeit the Montmarte kit HERE and bits of the Louvre kit HERE. I came up with a kit named Springtime Love. Not pictured are my alphabet dies to use with the felt and foam to make my own thickers. I love using my stash.
I made my own wooden buttons with patterned paper, bling, rhinestones, flower brads and more. I also copied the flags using Kraft card stock and various washi tape. The cork, Kraft, and cream journal spots/labels are all stamped and hand cut to mimic the ones in the kit. I threw in some smash pages, lots of washi tape, felt and foam sheets to make my own thickers. Now to find photos that will work it all. Can't wait to see what you make!



To continue on this awesome hop please go visit GLINDA!

11 comments:

  1. I love your kit. The colors are bright and fun and the homemade embellishments are great. Are your frames made of cork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting putting together my own kits today and it looks as though we'll have some elements in common. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your buttons rock!!!! I love love love them. I am so inspired by them. The rest of the kit is so awesome too. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, your buttons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your buttons! Your kit is simply beautiful! love this color combo - perfect for Lisa's challenge *wink*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I am loving your take on the kit, especially those buttons :0) looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet kit you've assembled - it looks like many pretty pages will be coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic kit! Look at all that wonderful washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to bling up those buttons Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice...I haven't been playing along lately but will have to peek at the new kit...yours looks great !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love, it really makes my day!