31 July 2010
Can you believe it is already back to school time? Where did the summer go? I don't know about you but I LOVE FALL which means that I love back to school time even though I don't have a little one there just yet. Even as a little girl I LOVED (read drooled over) school supplies and took so long to choice mine I am sure I drove my Mom batty. To this day I am still the same way. I can't help but stock up on the basics at least during this time of the year. I love to organize and love anything to do with school so this blog hop was just up my alley. Tracey designed some super cute and school themed digis just for this hop. You can find them all HERE plus all her other work, simply amazing!
For my card(s) I choose the apple and the pencil. I am fairly new to the digital stamps so be nice! OK enough chatting here are my cards. When you are done hop on over to CRYSTAL D's blog. Leave me some love and on Monday I will pick a winner to receive some goodies (I am going shopping Sunday!). Happy Fall Y'all!
30 July 2010
29 July 2010
Mini Monster Cricut Cartridge
Fruit Punch Stickles
Black Diamond Stickles
Stardust Gelly Roll Pen
Zig Millenium Pen
Chesnut Roan Ink
Distress Ink Peeled Paint
Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Zig Glue Pen -Chisel
ATG 1/4 inch tape
Cricut 12X12 mat
Recollections Monster Stamps
Pink, Blue, white, Kraft Card stock
Reminisce Monsters Patterned Paper
1. Using Mini Monsters Cricut Cartridge select Mummy cut on page 35 in the handbook.
2. Cut all layers at 4 inches.
3. Base Shadow in cream, mummy in pink, layer one in blue, layer one shift in white; phrase in cream, phrase shift in pink
4. Adhere using ATG Tape and Zig Chisel Tip pen, appropriately.
5. Select BOO cut on page 37 layer one for the two circles. Cut at 10 and 12/75 inches.
6. Mat all photos leaving 1/8 inch border of cream card stock. Ink edges in Chesnut roan ink
7. Adhere two circles to kraft 12X12 card stock
8. Arrange and adhere pictures on page.
9. Add fruit punch stickles to "I want my Mummy" cut and adhere to page.
10. Adhere googly eyes and dots of black diamond stickles to feet of mummy and adhere to page.
11. Cut three one inch by three inch white rectangles, and stamp title using Distress inks in peeled paint and tattered rose.
12. Dot all three white rectangles using gelly roll stardust pen
13. Journal around edge with Zig millenium pen
28 July 2010
26 July 2010
25 July 2010
Anyways, before I start crying again, here is a layout that I did for Practical Scrappers. I used their Friday sketch for this week and also all my products are WAY older than year. I distressed some, inked some, cuttlebugged some. Hope you like it.
24 July 2010
Without further ado the winner according to random.org..................................
PENNY LIGHT YOU WON THE JUST BECAUSE CARDS CRICUT CARTRIDGE!!!!! Send me your mailing address sweetie! YAY! Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Penny and Gina I will get your blog candy out sometime this coming week. I am a little behind and I apologize!
See you all in September for another Cricut Card Fairies Blog Hop!
23 July 2010
I love this picture! This is Gizmo and Tiger begging for food (or is it Brownie) They looked just alike!) I love their tongues!
These are pictures of Tiger. My Daddy bought him for me when Brownie passed away in fall/winter of 03. I loved him so much, he was so fluffy and looked hilarious when we shaved him for the summer. He passed away earlier this year. We are not sure why but I think it had something to do with the accident that took one of his eyes a few years back. I miss and love you Buddy, you and Gizmo better be taking care of one another!
20 July 2010
19 July 2010
So GINA THORNTON COME ON DOWN YOU ARE THE WINNER ON THE BLOG HOP for the STAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!
I will draw a name for the CART on Sunday morning! That is why the post is staying at the top, ONLY to link the cards made, the HOP IS OVER! It was so much fun THANK YOU for joining in. We will have another one sometime in September, so be on the lookout for that!!!!!
18 July 2010
Don't forget to make a card for Monique or Bella and win a Just Because Cards Cricut Cartridge!!!!!!! They are due to be linked up by the 24th!!!!
NOTE THE BLOG HOP IS OVER! This is only staying up top to LINK your cards for Bella and/or Monique to win the cart!!!!!
Good Friday morning. Welcome to the CRICUT CARD FAIRY FIRST EVER BLOG HOP! Are you ready to start hopping to THIRTEEN blogs for some card inspiration and possibly some scrapping goodies along the way? I am so happy you are here to hop along with some amazing women.
Let me tell you about the CRICUT CARD FAIRIES first. They sprung from an idea that I had (Cards for Soldiers); I figure hey our Soldiers loved the cards we were sending, why not use our massive amounts of supplies and talent to help anyone that needs a pick me up or lift. So I asked on the cricut messageboard in April 2008 and two years and 620 plus missions later we are still going strong. We are a group of VOLUNTEERS who love our circuts, love making cards, and love spreading cheer through said cards. We have sent all over the United States, Canada, Australia, Middle East and even Germany and other parts of Europe. We send all types of cards: birthday, good thoughts, sympathy, well wishes, get better soon, and so many more. I am biased but I think the Cricut Card Fairies are the greatest group of caring, sweet, and super talented people around.
So are you ready to HOP!?
Well I am Crystal, the commander of the Cricut Card Fairies. To share with you today I have a card for a fellow message board member who was just diagnosed with Stage 3 Cancer, our own Monique Griffith. We along with the followers of MyPinkStamper are flooding her with PINK cards. So this is what I made. I did not use the Cricut as we had to take DD to the hospital last night, she is alright but it was super stressful; we thought she had swallowed some real coins AAAACCKKK! So this is what I came up with before falling asleep! Kraft card stock, some faux white stitching, stamped images, pearls and pretty pink ribbon paper.
OH did I say there was BLOG CANDY involved? Yes I did!
I have a BNIP JUST BECAUSE CRICUT CARTRIDGE to give away to ONE lucky reader. BUT you will have to work a little for it. Here is what you have to do:
1. Hop to all THIRTEEN blogs and LEAVE COMMENTS (follow if you like them!) (I WILL CHECK THIS IF YOU WIN!)
2. Make a card for either MoniqueGriffith HERE OR Bella, Information for Bella can be found HERE
3. Link it up below.
4. I will pick a random winner who does all the above to win the BNIP Just Because Cards NEXT Saturday (July 24, 2010).
Now if you just want to comment on ALL the blogs I have a BNIP Hampton Art "We make a great pair" clear stamp set to give away. My friend Sandy sent me a set and I loved them so much I got another one to share!
Now it is time for you to hop onto the next blog, my amazing Co Commander LYNNE. If you get lost, you can always come back here and all the blogs are linked here below! Don't forget to come back and post your card and let me know you left love (comments) on all my Fairies blogs! HUGS!
Now here is the lineup for this whole weekend. We will END THE HOP on Sunday evening. Please pay attention to when each fairy will post their winners (if there is candy!)
12 July 2010
Woohoo! I am sooooo excited to show you all my first EVER design for the wonderful design team at SCRAPBOOKPAL.com! WOOHOO!
When I received my first package from Scrapbookpal.com I was so excited. I opened it up and WOW there was MINI MONSTERS Cricut Cartridge! I was giddy! I wanted to use it in an unexpected way and this is what I designed.
1. Cut, score and fold Kraft card stock into a 5.5 by 5.5 square card.
2. Using green patterned paper (grid and pearlescent) cut five strips at 1 inch by 5.5 inches. Ink all edges using Chesnut Roan Chalk Ink.
3. Adhere three one inch grid patterned paper strips to the base of the card with ATG 1/4 inch adhesive.
4. Punch each one inch strip of green pearlescent paper with Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch, ink edges and accent with Gelly Roll Stardust pens.
5. Adhere punched strips to card base, butting each to the grid paper using ATG 1/4 inch adhesive
6. Using the Argh cut on page 43 in the booklet I cut all the layers including the base shadow at 3.5 inches using my Cricut Expressions and 12X12 mat.
7. Assemble as directed.
8. After the main "monster" is assembled it is time to embellish. I used Fruit Punch and Black Diamond Stickles on this tongue and feet. I hand drew some tears and accented them with Glossy Accents, added a googly eye, medical tape and a band aid from our medicine cabinet.
9. Stamp sentiment "Get Well" and Red Cross with Black Stazon Ink, and Blazing Red Stazon Ink. Ink edges with Chesnut Roan ink. Adhere using pop dots. Adhere three pearls to bottom left side.
10. Ink all edges of card with chesnut roan ink.
Other supplies used:
Mini Glue Dots
EK success TweezerBees
Zig Chisel point glue pen
Queen and Company pearls
DCWV patterned paper
We R Memory Keepers patterned paper
ProvoCraft bone folder
11 July 2010
10 July 2010
If you are interested in the journaling (its a bit personal) I think you can see it but I can't type it again without tears.
So there you go a new style for me, what do you think?
And for good measure while I was trying to get a picture of this layout this is what C was doing:
She wanted her picture taken! She kept saying CHEESE CHEESE! LOL! Such a silly girl! Doesn't she look like she is at least four or five or older in this picture? OH MY!
08 July 2010
This is the MME (my minds eye) paper that I scored today at 50% off! There were so many new stacks and some thing called a layered stack with all different sized papers in the same theme. There were two of the three Tim Holtz stacks, they had Shabby Chic and Lost and Found for 14.99 plus Caitlyn used a 50% off coupon so I could get the Shabby Chic. They had several new DCWV stacks, don't remember the full names but one was Blue Jean something, then a weathered, worn one with paper that looked like weathered wood, lace, etc, Autumn Splendor (fall stack) and a few others. I was so excited!