17 June 2011
It's a Girl-Scrapbookpal.com
Good morning. Today I have a special to me layout to share with you. Today (June 17th) we are celebrating my good friend's third baby girl with a baby sprinkling. A sprinkling is where we all get together to celebrate the new addition to be but instead of gifts of clothes etc we do consumables (diapers, wipes etc).
I made this page for all the guests to write their words for the new baby to be on the onesies. I will, of course, be taking pictures so when I get them edited and printed I will add them to the white spots.
This month Scrapbookpal.com sent the designers the awesome Viva Decor Pearl Pens and Scor-tape. Now me being a novice on anything not in big box stores, thought Scor Tape was like a foam tape but I was wrong. This stuff is strong, like gorilla strong! I used it all over this layout, to string the ribbon for the faux clothes lines, to adhere the bigger polka dotted ribbon towards the bottom and eventually will use it to permanently adhere the clothespins to the layout once the words are written. If you have not tried this tape I highly recommend it. You can find it here and with free shipping over 25.00 what are you waiting for?
You will need the following to make this quick and simple layout:
New Arrival cartridge
ATG and adhesive
Scor Tape 1/4 inch
Viva Decor Cream pearl pen
Chestnut roan ink pad
ribbon of your choosing
Brown, white, Kraft and pink card stock
polka dot stamp
1. Make the following cuts in the colors indicated using the Cricut Expression and New Arrival cartridge:
8 Onesies in pink at 2.5 inches
Title: It's a girl at 3.5 inches in pink, Shadow same size in brown
2. Adhere shadow and title cut using ATG tape or other adhesive of your choice. Stamp the title and clothespins using chestnut roan ink and your choice of a polka dot stamp.
3. Ink all edges of the onesies with chestnut Roan Ink.
4. Using Kraft Card stock as your base, adhere the pattern paper strips (6X12) to the middle of both pages. Adhere polka dotted ribbon using score tape to the bottom of the pattern paper strips.
5. Cut, ink and adhere two 4X6 photo mats (actual size is 4.25 by 6.25).
6. Using scor tape adhere thin brown ribbon to make a faux clothesline; first clipping the stamped on clothes pins in place. DO NOT adhere the clips or onesies to the page until you get the guests to write down their thoughts.
7. Using the cream Viva Decor Pearl Pen accent the photo mats with pearls, and use for the center flower in the title "It's a Girl".
8. Using white paper, cut 1/4 or smaller strips, ink all edges. Use these as journaling spots beside each photo mat. Ink all edges of Kraft card stock. Enjoy!
Created by Crystal at 6:46 AM